– Law of the Republic of Belarus No. 262-Z of May 17, 2011 on Copyright and Related Rights, in force since December 1, 2011.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since December 12, 1997.
– Phonograms Convention, since April 17, 2003.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since May 27, 2003.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: National Center of Intellectual Property (NCIP). Internet address: https://ncip.by