– Intellectual Property Code (consolidated version as of December 23, 2018).
– Law No. 95-4 of January 3, 1995, Supplementing the Intellectual Property Code and Relating to the Collective Management of the Reproduction Right by Reprography.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Phonograms Convention.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: Office of Literacy and Artistic Property, Ministry of Culture and Francophone Affairs. Internet address: www.culture.gouv.fr/Thematiques/Propriete-litteraire-et-artistique