– Law No. 2121/1993 on Copyright, Related Rights and Cultural Matters, in force since March 4, 1993, as amended.
– Law No. 4481/2017 on Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights, Multi-Territorial Licensing in Musical Works for Online Use in the Internal Market, in force since July 20, 2017.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Phonograms Convention.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created and there is no official Copyright Register. In practice, an author has the options of either depositing a work with a Notary Public, which will provide a rebuttable presumption concerning the date, or posting a registered letter to him/herself and keep it sealed for potential use before Court.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death; the 70-year period starts from January 1st of the year following the author's death.
Authority name: Hellenic Copyright Organization, Ministry of Culture and Sports. Internet address: www.opi.gr
Collective Management Organizations: a full list of CMOs licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Sports is available on the website of the Hellenic Copyright Organization at the following link www.opi.gr/en/cmos-imes/cmo-contact-details