– Copyright Act 2000 (Chapter 415, as amended up to Act VIII of 2011).
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: Industrial Property Registrations Directorate, Commerce Department, Ministry for the Economy, Investment and Small Business. Internet address: https://commerce.gov.mt/en/Pages/Home.aspx