Designs and Models
– Patents and Designs Act XVII of 2000, as amended.
– Patents and Designs (Amendment) Act No. XXX of 2014, in force since December 14, 2015.
Membership in International Conventions
– Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, Lisbon Act (Articles 1-12), Stockholm Act (except Articles 1-12), since October 20, 1967.
– The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (Apostille), since March 3, 1968.
– Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), since December 7, 1977.
– WTO’s TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
Duration: five years from the date of registration. Renewal: on application, before the due renewal date, for four further periods of five years. Grace period: six months, with fine.
Licenses: provided for.