– Copyright and Related Rights Act, in force since March 30, 1995, as amended up to October 22, 2016.
Membership in International Conventions
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since June 25, 1991.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since July 30, 1995.
– Phonograms Convention, since October 15, 1996.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since October 9, 1996.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, registration is possible and provides benefits such as proof of ownership. Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (SIPO). Internet address: www.uil-sipo.si Collective Management Organizations: AIPA (www.aipa.si), SAZAS (www.sazas.org), ZAMP (www.zamp-zdruzenje.si).