– Law of Ukraine No. 3792-XII of December 23, 1993 on Copyright and Related Rights, as amended.
– Law of Ukraine No. 2415-VIII of May 15, 2018 on effective management of Proprietary Rights of Right Holders in the field of Copyright and/or Related Rights.
Membership in International Conventions
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Phonograms Convention, since February 18, 2000.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since June 12, 2002.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since May 16, 2008.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, registration is possible and provides important benefits such as proof of ownership.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Enforcement: the court shall have the right to issue a judgment or order on payment of compensation determined by the court as a lump sum on the basis of such elements as doubled, and in the case of intentional infringement as a triple amount of the remuneration or commission that would have been paid had the infringer applied for permission to use the disputed copyright or related rights in lieu of damages or revenue recovery.
Authority name: Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute (UKRPATENT). Internet address: https://ukrpatent.org/en
Collective Management Organization: NGO UACRR (http://uacrr.org.ua/?lang=en).