– Copyright and Related Rights Act, in force since October 30, 2003, as amended.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Phonograms Convention, since April 20, 2000.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since April 20, 2000.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since November 30, 2000.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not possible and there is no official copyright register. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: copyright is protected during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death, irrespective of the date when the work is lawfully released. If co-authors are the holders of joint copyright in the created work, 70 years is calculated from the death of the last surviving co-author.
Authority name: State Intellectual Property Office - www.dziv.hr/en/intellectual-property-protection/copyright
Collective Management Organizations: Croatian Composers' Society (HDS ZAMP) - responsible for the collective management of authors' musical rights; Croatian Association for the Protection of Performers' Rights (HUZIP) - responsible for the collective management of the rights of performers; Association for Protection, Collection and Distribution of Phonogram Producers' Rights (ZAPRAF) - responsible for the collective management of phonogram producers rights; Croatian Film Director's Guild (DHFR) - responsible for the collective management of audio-visual works and rights of film directors; Association for the Protection of Publishers' Rights (ZANA); Croatian Writers' Association DHK; Society for the Protection of Journalists' Copyright (DZNAP).